Unless otherwise occupied, I answer the phone and schedule my appointments personally. If I happen to be on the phone or with a client when you call, you’ll be asked to leave a message. Outside of office hours, you can always leave a phone message for me in the same way by dialing the office phone number (317-781-1917).
You can also email me at email@example.com, or use our convenient Contact Form.
In the event of an emergency, please call one of my two after-hours numbers: (317-783-2399) or (317-902-9425). I would request that you do not use these emergency contact methods for routine rescheduling matters.
Registration and Scheduling
- At the time of our first telephone conversation or email exchange I will ask you about the nature of your concerns and determine what scheduling constraints you may have. I will then email you a link to an electronically-secured site for patient registration. There you will be able to complete, electronically sign and send this documentation to me.
- I will be using DocHub.com for sending and receiving these documents, which provides the electronic security appropriate for handling HIPAA and financial information (see DocHub.com). If you prefer, I would be happy to send you a copy of the patient registration packet by email, however, I suggest that you return the packet to me by U.S. mail or fax, as unencrypted email is not an entirely secure form of communication.
- Once I receive these documents, I will contact you to schedule an appointment time. I see patients between 1:30 PM and 6:30 PM, Tuesday through Friday. Appointments typically last 45 to 50 minutes. I can generally be counted on to start and end on time.
- When the appointment has been scheduled, I will send you an email or text with a URL link to my on-line “waiting room.” I have selected a video conferencing platform recommended by the Indiana Psychological Association, which is compliant with insurance industry guidelines, HIPAA requirements and Indiana law.
- At the time of your appointment, you will click on the URL link I sent you and sign in with your name, which will notify me that you are available on-line. I will finalize the connection, enabling video and audio communication.
- In the event of technical difficulties, you will be able to reach me on the office phone (317-781-1917).
Video Conferencing Technical Requirements
There are a number of technical requirements that must be met in order for the video conferencing platform that I am using to function properly. If you are experienced with using other video conferencing platforms successfully, then it is likely that none of the requirements listed below will present us any difficulty.
- A strong Wi-Fi signal is required to support video conferencing. A weak or marginal Wi-Fi connection can result in interruptions.
- You will need a relatively fast internet connection. You can test your network speed at the following website: Internet Speed Test
- It may be necessary to update your browser in order for you to connect with me in a video session. My video conferencing platform, Doxy.me, does not work with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer. You will need to use the latest version of one of the following browsers:
- It is best for you to have the latest version of your operating system on your device, such as Windows 10 or MacOS Catalina.
Technology does not always do what it is supposed to do. I would like to schedule a brief video conversation before your first appointment to be sure that your counseling session goes as smoothly as possible. And if anything goes wrong with our connection during the session, please call my office (317-781-1917) to get things straightened out.